Launceston to Hobart via Wineglass Bay Day Trip LWBH
Launceston to Hobart via Wineglass Bay Day Trip
Wineglass Bay and the Freycinet area are one of the most beautiful areas in Tasmania. We depart Launceston ready for an action-packed day out exploring Wineglass Bay, Freycinet National Park, and the delights & highlights along the way. Once inside Freycinet National Park we begin a series of walks and exploration of the area. We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, this is a moderate uphill walk of around 45 minutes. Once at the top you are rewarded with that world–famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. Enjoy the moment, take in the views and let our guides help you with those sought-after photographs. The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness. It is 1.3 km uphill, before returning downhill. We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, this is a moderate uphill walk of around 45 minutes. Once at the top you are rewarded with that world-famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. We re-group ready for the onward journey to Hobart. We stop to refuel and refresh at an east coast cafe and indulge in some local Tasmanian hand crafted ice-cream before continuing the return drive to Hobart.
• Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
• Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
• Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
• Visit the beautiful Honeymoon Bay
• Take in the spectacular 360-degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
• Enjoy some fresh oysters from Freycinet Marine Farm
• Visit historic Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail.
• Reward yourself with a local Tasmanian Handcrafted Ice Cream!